View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 50NL; AK --> 3bet pot --> flop TPTK ->>Fold??

[ QUOTE ]
Call sooo fast. Your hand is seriously under repped and that ten of clubs potentially provided villain with decent draw with which to semibluff. Those stats are also fairly meaningless in regards to villains 3 betting tendencies especially if you have been active at the table.

edit: Are you guys wanting to fold this if the turn is a two and he shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the turn was a 2 than IMO this is an easier fold than as is.

I folded. Villian is like never doing this with AQ IMO. And almost never JJ IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
I can see where a call looks good pf and I would tend to flat it in-game too. Honestly though I can't see AQ being in villain's range at all and you are going to have trouble extracting postflop when you make a pair and are ahead. Either it's going to go down like this and you're almost always chopping at best or villain c/c's one bet on A/K hi board and folds to another.

If you have some further read beyond pf stats, OK. But based on that I would say his range pf is QQ+/AK, he is never folding an overpair or top pair, and he's not stacking off QQ/KK on a A hi flop, maybe QQ on a K hi flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you recommending folding pre-flop here vs. his 3bet? OOP I'd generally 4bet. In position sometimes I just call. In position I can extract 2 bets a lot of the time. Calling also just balances out as a sometimes I just call with AA/KK in position to a 3bet.