View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Personality and overall attractiveness

Good post Evan, I think you are hitting on a few key interesting social issues at play here.

I think we can all agree that guys are more visual when looking for a mate, whereas girls are more geared towards personality, charm, charisma. Now when a guy says "that bitch is hot, but she is a total bitch" he is actively analyzing and separating out those facets. He might even say something like "i would love to have hateful sex with her" because guys love expansion and conquering new territories. He wouldn't want to have a long term relationship with her because he knows she has a horrid personality, but he would love to put her "hot body" as a notch on his belt.

A girl, on the other hand, doesn't have this inclination to conquer and expand and get notches on her belt. She's not going to try to have sex with a guy just because he is hot, although she might spark up a conversation with him if he catches her eye. It is going to take a combination of things usually for her to have sex and especially to have a relationship with this guy. This partially comes from the knowledge that many guys are simply looking for notches and also from the fact that she is sexually attracted to a guy with a certain charisma moreso than a guy with just a certain physique. I also think girls have a harder time analyzing their emotions and thoughts. When she meets a "hot" guy with a horrid personality, she has little sexual attraction to him, and therefore he isn't "hot" to her. A guy meeting a hot bitch with a godawful personality is still going to want to have sex with her, thus she is still "hot" to him.

Now if you are like me (and that would make you quite weird) then a girl's personality increases or decreases her sexual attractiveness to you. I think you are like this from your OP, but many (most?) guys aren't. Of course there is a limit, and a 3 isn't going to become a 9 hardly ever, but a 6 or 7 can often become a 10 if she is sweet and charming, or fun or weird (I like weird girls) or whatever type of personality you tend to be attracted to.

In conclusion, people vary wildly on what looks and personalities they find attractive, and how much each of those factors (for some people looks >>>>>> personality, for some the other way around, for some it is about even). So you are going to get a lot of disagreements on this issue because people really are unique and have their own little quirks about what they like and dislike, just like how many girls get wildly varying "ratings" from different guys on this forum.