View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: HUSNG - What does it mean to play tight?

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the biggest winners in the low and medium levels play "tight." My definition is they are patient players who don't take risks, they wait for a hand and take advantage of most opponent's tendency to call super light or bluff in super bad spots.

These players are often easier to beat than some of the random maniacs that may actually be losers in the 6-55s. They let you walk all over them, some of the better ones are all right, but they are super easy to read and a lot of them never ever bluff (or if they do they make it super obvious and it's easy to hero call).

I played fairly tight in the 33s compared to how I play now, I passed up spots I thought I might find thin value in and instead worked on getting most of the players into huge pots OOP. It's not that I thought this was the best strategy/way to play, it's just that it was the most profitable thing I could do with my skill set at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

These players used to put me on lifetilt when I wasnt as confident with my game yet. Id be taking a shot at the 22s or the 33s and play a "tight" player. First Id sharkscope him, see hes a 14.5% winner, then lose to him in a ridiculously retarded spot and then scream:

HOW CAN YOU HAVE ACES THERE? ARE YOU JOKING ME? YOU DONT RAISE THE BUTTON FOR 20 HANDS STRAIGHT AND THEN YOU COME IN FOR A 6x RAISE AND YOU HAVE ACES. NO. YOU SUCK OMFG YOURE TERRIBLE. YOURE LOSING VALUE LEFT AND RIGHT AND YOURE TOO TIGHT AND PREDICTABLE HOW CAN YOU EVEN BE A WINNER????

... good times.