View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Simple reason why I do not think taxation = theft

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to suggest that maybe you should go back to the drawing board, figure out exactly what it is you want to say, and figure out a better way to convey it to those in your audience who weren't getting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't press the issue since you say you're willing to let it go, but I think it's pretty clear that your intention was to get a snide word and not to politely offer constructive criticism.

If this was really your intention, my humble advice is that you work on your approach.

I think a lot of the "confusion" might come from people assuming that when I don't hold one of your exact beliefs that I think that belief is wrong, or that I hold the opposite belief, when really I might think it is neutral or just not be particularly interested in it.

In any event, no you did not offend me. You believe strongly in your ideas, and I knew what I was getting into when I made a post about AC. Pvn's disagreements were basically par for what I anticipated, and the fact that some people will chalk disagreement up to me being confused doesn't bother me. With pvn's posting style, it is impossible to engage him and not appear "confused" if you are not also an ACer. Since I know I am not exactly an ACer, I know eventually I will say something that he perceives as me changing the goal posts. This does not bother me. It's just that when you attack my overall ability to communicate rather than my ideas, it becomes tough to respond in a way that isn't on personal terms. I guess I could have just ignored you; but there were no other replies to me, so I chose to respond to yours. No offense taken. Apology accepted and reciprocated nonetheless.