Thread: JJ
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: JJ

* g *

Preflop raise is good. You have a lot of limpers so you have lot of value in implied odds if you hit your set. Morever, JJ is strong enough to raise here in any case.

Flop. A continuation bet is good. When Villain raises on this very dry board we have to be worried about being way behind with two outs. I don't really like the two cold calls on this dry board either, what could they have, A2s, A4s?

It doesn't really matter if Villain has a set or Kx, we have only 2 outs in either case. However, given the uncoordinated board the Villain might be trying to isolate us with a pocket pair which in all likelihood, based on no raise preflop, is worse than ours.

I'm certainly calling the flop. I don't think raising would accomplish much here.

Turn. A3(s) now has trips, a back door opened for a flush draw, but turn probably didn't change anything compared to the flop.

This is not a nice spot. We are getting 10:1 immediate and around 11-12:2 to show this down. We are OOP so we can't go for the free showdown raise. And we have two unknown opponents.

I think this is a fold. Villain obviously likes his hand enough to lead when his flop raise was called in three places on the flop. I think it's Kx too often.

So I think you played it ok.