View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: To speak or not to speak, that is the question

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. I was really just trying to save space: those who were interested in the general topic could click over to read the details, others could move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was able to find your blog on google searching for the text of the stories you posted. I have no idea why TT finds posting that link objectionable. There's nothing commercial about it. Anyway, there should be space in your personal info for a "Homepage." Link your blog there, if you want.

Story 1: Tough call. Generally, I like to let players still in the hand call stuff like this -- and string raises, for example -- because Player C could have wanted all of Player A's chips in the middle. Given that C is inexperienced, I can see an argument for speaking up to protect him, but I think I keep quiet.

Hand 2: I don't say anything at the time unless the discussion continues further -- if one player doesn't understand why the other wants to check it down and they start discussing it, for example. You are right; the damage has been done.

After the hand, however, I would probably say something. The key is to do it in a friendly way that isn't confrontational, and if the discussion gets heated, to get an "official" word from the dealer and/or floor.

-McGee