View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Ask me about the CFA program

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the CFA program is something i've been undertaking lightly. passing the first exam was a breeze, and my background in finance before picking up the stalla prep CDs was practically zero. i imagine level ii and level iii will be more difficult (though probably still easy), but is it worth the effort?

[/ QUOTE ]
And I'm the one bragging?

I've heard of people breezing through the first exam by putting in little effort, but I think you're the exception to the rule. I haven't heard of anyone breezing through the second or third exams. Yes, it was worth the effort for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's the other way around. It's impossible to pass the first exam without at least cramming for about a week or so because of the sheer amount of arbitrary terminologies being introduced. You can, however, pass the second exam without studying at all if you have fully absorbed the material from the first exam, because most of the new material being introduced is logically sensible (thus derivable during the exam).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I agree with this statement at all. Level 1 is all but a survey class, where L2, at least with accounting, I doubt anybody can walk in and pass w/o studying the materials.