View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: 100NL: Routine overpair shove on drawy board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes, standard. would play the same with AA. This is also fine with 100BB against an opponent like you describe. 150bb+ I flatcall the flop raise though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been doing this alot and routinely getting it all in on the flop. Once they raise to $29, they never fold to a push (or rarely). It's always some combo draw like pair and straight draw (say 75 or 76), or 2 pr/set. Since the best case seems to be a coin flip, and worst case we are drawing to two outs, perhaps we should change the doctrine of jamming as standard here? This opponent isn't dumb and wouldn't raise to $29 with A6 or A7 here. Whats the drawback to flat calling and getting it in on a safe turn? FWIW, I keep getting stacked on "drawy" flops when people flop 2pr/sets and in this case villain had 55 for a set. Of course his small stack made it less of a decision, but I am talking about the 100BB case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my thought on it as well. Maybe its just varience, but so far on these flops Im always getting stacked with my overpairs to 2prs and sets. Problem is, I dunno how else to play them, since I end up getting stacked on safe turns as well, and folding seems out of the question. So I just keep on getting stacked and just blame it on being coolered, when really I just think im playing it crappy.