View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: 2 hands Stud hi 1/2

For hand 1, I would have folded on 3rd and out very quick on 4th to the paired board. I wouldn't have raised on any street. 5th showed that he had the trips and could easily draw to the boat. If he didn't make the boat he shouldn't bet out on 7th and as such you can't raise when he does.

[ QUOTE ]
Given the dead 3 I probably call until I hit a second pair. He could very well have trips here so I am not thrilled about a raise...as you may know, having two 3s out there actually makes it more likely that villain started with split 3s (or does that only work if they are aces? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. If two cards are out (in this case the 3) the chances of each individual having a split is lower than if only one 3 was showing. However, the probability at least one having a pair is greater than if only one 3 was on the board.

Anyway, it is read dependent, but with a dead 3 out there its not correct to play a pair of 3s and so he has a pocket pair or flush draw. As such you can call. Me, depending on my mood, I'll fold as the pot is small and why gamble on the off chance? Fold and pick a better spot.