View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Party Poker is up to Something ... which D$D has inside scoop on

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, there was a wisp of a rumor that Party was going to be re entering the US market soon (N 82, in one of the AP threads dropped this little bomb shell with an "I'm not going to say anything else so don't even ask" note on the end). No idea what info he was basing that on, but this little tidbit raises my hope slightly (though it is still pretty low).

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me PP has only 2 options; sell their customer lists as their value as an on-going concern is decreasing daily, or hope to salvage some market share if there is movement soon.

IMO the people that think PP might be what it once was are delusional. First of all both the poker community and the poker economy has changed quite a bit. To think that all the "fish" that used to populate PP have simply hibernated and are eagerly awaiting PP to line up to be cleaned after fattening up is a crack pipe dream.

There are things coming in the near future to the on-line world that IMO will change on-line poker again. Eventual US "legal" on-line poker will not turn the clock back to 2005. Yes perhaps your $10 a week recreational players will return but even they have improved their games in bar leagues and home games.

This IMO is why PP is facing such a delima. If they open up like Doyle's Room without a US processor they are no different from anyone else are not "fish friendly." If they wait until '09 or later for clean legislation, they "re-enter" with quite a few new competitors. So now IMO they are just trying to maximize their value to a buyer.

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

When PP puts $100 in their accounts and emails/calls them they will come back. If they have easy deposit options they will deposit. Party worked for the average person somehow someway. You can't just dismiss their branding success. Stars would be #2 again in 2 weeks.