View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: I know I\'m beat... I call?!?

To the Op, this is something that i struggle a lot with. Making calls on the river(or all in calls on earlier streets) that realistically have no shot of winning is def my biggest source of spew and generally happens when I am running bad or am pissed cause the exact card I said I was gonna c/f to hits, and then for some reason I call anyways.

Ive been thinking more about this, and how to combat it cause it has become a huge problem for me, and I think the best way is just to constantly remind myself to play my A game at all times, and that my goal as a poker player is to maximize my EV at all times, even if that means an EV of 0 by folding.

In hands like the scotty nguyen hand, it is probably right to fold that river (without taking into consideration how folding there would be exploitable) Yet I knw if somehow the same situation happened to me Id proly give it a "crying call" Anyways, Im glad that I can recognize that this is a huge huge leak for myself that I have developed, but changing it can definitely be very hard to do. But I think the key is to stay disciplined and realize that I cant control the cards that come or my opponents actions, all I can control is my response to the cards and my opponents