View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Angle Shooting A$$H0&# @ Red Rock

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Situation 2 - You made the mistake.... wait till he puts his chips in there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really??? Verbal action is binding, don't you know that? If you do know it then blaming the victim of this angle play is pretty low...well nothing new there...but for you to come out and say that it is "good psychology"...well done sir!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

But is what this guy said actually binding? He said: "I guess I call for a chop."

That is a bit different than just saying "I call". For one thing, the more words that were muttered in a sentence, the more likely it is that he was misheard.

If it were me, I would wait for clarification that he meant exactly "I call" before turning over my hand. Then again, if he actually said that then I think it should be binding, but I'm not confident that every floor person would agree.

Is "I guess I call" binding?

Apparently "I think I have to call" is not binding.

"I have to call" is probably binding though, right? I have no idea how they decide this stuff. But I think that a good lesson is to just wait and stare at the other player and ask for clarification until he says specifically "call", "fold" or "raise", with at most the word "I" appended to it.

How about "I call or my name isn't Jack Lemmon." Would this be binding because of the first two words? Or is it only binding if you're not playing Jack Lemmon?