View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Confusing $8/$16 HORSE 8/b hand

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what's going on in this hand. Is this standard? Did I need to raise 5th thinking he might have 4 to a low and a pair of 2s?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($8/$16), Ante $1.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.13 SB)
Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.13 SB)
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a question. (It intimidates me just to read these limits, this question comes from the micro-mindset.) But it looks to me like he has a set of 2s. Otherwise, why is he betting? Which puts him on A22 or K22 with something suited . So, is it unreasonable to raise him? I raise here (at little micro limits) because if they have trips they always take the opportunity to reraise. I guess where you play they are too smart for that?
[ QUOTE ]
6th Street - (6.56 BB)
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

[/ QUOTE ]
Now here is the sneaky thing. This check would set off all alarms for me (even micros get sneaky) because why would he check? If he's working the lo why did he bet 4th, with a pair of 2s? Unless here he wanted you to think he was drawing to a lo he hadn't made and you have these nice three lo cards showing.

This is why I don't play this much, I get too paranoid - now I'd be thinking, "Oh shoot, it was QUEEN22 and he just made his wheel." Then I'd check/call to the end and lose with my nice two pair because I was right or feel like an idiot when I was good.