View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: citanul cleaning bbv/b4l discussion/rants

OSU: First, nobody, repeat NOBODY was dropping n-bomb to actually mean "Black People". 100% of the time it was being used to mean, "my friend" in the hiphop slangy way. Maybe you knew that, not sure if it changes anything.

Also, anarchy is what we used to have, and it worked fine. Maybe that's impossible now. I guess our main disagreement is that I think BBV is funny and you do not. I guess I'm just saying that Cit also has no sense of humor, or at least a not very well developed one, and will guess wrong about what is good or offensive.

The argument that we can just 'find something more creative to say' is not a good one. Anything can be funny given the right context, and in my opinion BBV was hardly ever bad at at that. Sometimes trolls appeared and were deliberately offensive rather than funny, but they got banned, or better, berated.

The issue is not : OH NO THEY BE TAKING MY GIMMICK. When arbitrary rules go up about what you can or cannot say they become the focus, rather than the content of the forum (cf this bloody long and idiotic thread that I am chowmeowing in...). The feeling that you have to watch what you say limits teh funny.

K, I'm done, gotta work, plz own me with the last word.
--GA