View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Stars 1/2 - AA 3 way vs a lot of action

I think I stated it pretty clearly. The pot is capped preflop, that changes what people play with usually. A 3 flush board, especially when one is a king isn't soemthing to concern myself with. Sure crap happens and someone may have hit, but they don't more than enough times to justify betting the turn.

If you think he has KK then sure a mubs check makes sense.

For me I don't play AA other than to win big or lose big. To play them any other way when they win ~80% of the time and hold up at showdown 70% of the time really doesn't make sense unless someone demonstrates they have a better hand.

Checking the turn and then someone betting does nothing to demonstrate they have a better hand.

If they reraise then sure fold if you think you are beat. I have folded AA. Many people can't so they want to go to showdown and call down.

I have lost 10 bb on AA hands, I have lost 9 and 8.5 a number of times. I still win on avg 2.72bb/hand with it. That may be a bit low but its not really a leak I am concerned with by starting to play conservatively everytime someone may outdraw me.