View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: WPT Five Diamond - Trips w/ A Kicker, Monochrome Flop vs. Shaniac

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I play this way, it's to call this shove because I think that his card check means he does not have a flush (obv). that said, did you see him do this earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh seriously, what's with ppl not having a plan? If you check/raise the turn how can you not check/insta-call a river shove?

If I'm check/raising turn here I'm doing it with the intent to check and induce a bluff when he misses his heart draw presumably.

If you plan on folding this you should've never check/raised the turn, just check/call and then do one of those fancy bet/folds everyone talks about on non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, when I c/r'ed the turn, I was planning on getting my chips in. I didn't expect him to call the c/r given the effective stacks, I expected him to shove (which I was calling) or fold. The call was a strange play, which caused me to at least potentially re-evaluate my plan. IMO snapcalling a shove on the river live without the nuts or virtual nuts, when you can take all the time in the world to think if you want (which you cannot do in formulating plans based on contingencies), is just dumb.