View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Withdrawing large sums into American bank accounts

[ QUOTE ]
2) The last 3 Mondays I've deposited slightly less than 10k via neteller. Is that something that could raise suspicions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is a problem. This is called structuring and will get you into more trouble than anything else you have mentioned here. Do not be surprised to get a call from someone with a badge in future. Answer honestly and do not mention that you where trying to avoid the $10K reporting threshold.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Would depositing more than 10k in a week matter as far as the 2nd question.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you intend to deposit more then do it. If you have a transaction >=$10K then they have to file a report but it is not big deal, poker players do it everyday and lots of business people do too.

[ QUOTE ]
4) Can a bank ask me where these sudden large transfers of money are coming from (considering before i maintained less than a 1k balance with the bank for over 6 years).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they can ask, answer them. Its not a big deal. The "law" that makes internet poker against the law, is very grey and has yet to be tested at the highest level of the courts. If they make any threats, tell thanks but no thanks and that you will be closing your account now and going to the competition. ING is your friend (hint, hint).