View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: $20,000 Cashiers Check, made out to me...what should I do with it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Based on my back-of-the-envelope calculations, Bioteq should have a 2008 P/E of 25,

[/ QUOTE ]
They have no earnings.

[ QUOTE ]
which is incredibly cheap considering their profits should grow 50% annually for the next 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are no profits. They lost less money in '06 than in '05, but more than in '04.

-----

They've been raising capital by issuing shares (being an environmental tech company probably doesn't hurt the cause), which is nice for their survival prospects (they can sustain their losses because of the capital influx) but not so nice, because of the earnings dilution factor, if you hope they will make a lot of money down the road.

I can see no reason to invest in this company ATM. If you're interested in it, throw it on a watch list and check next year's annual report for new developments.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes thats all well and good, but the future may be bright and the OP doesn't mind something that may have a large potential payoff and would be exciting to watch.

the OP is a mid limit poker pro (mid/high?) who has enough money where this 20k won't be a big loss if he loses it but wants to get some entertianment and possibly large gains in the future.

if this stock doesn't fit that criteria, i don't know what does.

Barron