View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Help me buy a winter jacket - reward offered.

I need a hand from some American shoppers and preferably larger dudes. I'm looking to purchase a birthday gift for my brother - a winter jacket. I need a 3XL and something along the lines of a Columbia jacket (preferably a 3 in 1 where the fleece can be removed).

Even though the Canadian dollar is at par with the US the retailers in Canada are gouging by not making any adjustments to their prices. A Columbia Titanium jacket that you can purchase in the US for $149 retails for as high as $295 in Toronto.

Any how I want to order a jacket online but I would like opinions on jackets and online retailers. If I order a specific brand name I want to know that the jacket is authentic. There are tons of knock offs up here - I'm sure it's the same down there.

I mention Columbia because that is what I wear in the winter but I'm open to other suggestions as well. Looking to spend $150-$200 but that is flexible as I'm willing to go higher if it's something interesting.

If a suggestion in this thread leads to a purchase I'll throw $10 into your Stars account.