View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: My First, And Perhaps Only, Statement About Absolute

I feel that building toward a better future for everyone is in my personal best interests. Pretty sure I'm seriously deluded though, but this is what I believe anyway. American mentality is one of the worst to do with supporting the well being of everyone. They hate the idea of paying for other peoples health care, don't want restriction on living and care about personal fiscal details etc etc. I think it's a selfish, short sighted and a terrible world to have to live in that this mentality creates for these people. I was just thinking the other day, when someone smiles at you or says "good morning" as you pass by, it really makes me think about what is important. I'm cynical and feel pretty used by alot of people, but, optimism is a path to a better world. I don't see how stilted, pessimistic although quite clearly, lucrative processes are building a better life for everyone. Water resources are dwindling and world wars could break out over water rather than oil. Eventually everyone will have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, but seeing as we can do better than that, why don't we?

Also it's important you know I don't have any anti-American bigotry. I am only stating what I think is factual and supporting my discussion. The "American" analogy also is not a reflection of how everyone percieves themself or acts or even thinks but rather the whole system defines that this is how the society and individuals are operating every day.