View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: United Airlines FTL

[ QUOTE ]
Edge,

Have you talked to her since she's landed? There's a 9:07p flight ORD->PIT. Maybe she just misunderstood the gate person, but it's definitely possible that she the default system rebooked her for 9a tomorrow after the cancellation, but when she talked to the gate they were able to put her on the flight tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

UPDATE:

She got on the 9:07 from O'Hare to Pittsburgh. When she landed in Chicago she found out that she was booked on both the 9:07 tonight and the 9:10 tomorrow morning. Their customer service guy told us earlier in the day that she was priority standby, and the gate attendant in Chicago just told her to get on the plane. No misunderstanding with the airport and my mom, apparently United doesn't even know which flight their passengers are booked on.

She made it to Pittsburgh just fine. I couldn't help but be amazed at the incompetence shown at various levels of this ordeal, and I still have no idea how they can't round up two pilots and 4 flight attendants in their freaking hub city to get someone on the flight they paid for. Apparently the 9:07 tonight was delayed because all the people on the 7 PM flight wanted to get on that one, and people were getting bumped and rescheduled all over the place. I love flying, but will make an effort to avoid United if possible. We just got lucky with this one, especially since my mom NEVER travels alone.