Thread: 1-2 NL Rake
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 1-2 NL Rake

1. Usual rake in Atlantic City for 1/2NL is 10% up to $4, plus some places drop an additional $1 for a bad-beat jackpot (Tropicana, Resorts, Taj, and Borgata do not have a bad-beat jackpot). Buyins are minimum $60, maximum $300. I personally avoid places with a BBJ, cause that is more money out of your winnings. Yeah, it is only $1, but $1 out of every pot you win adds up after a while.

2. It is hard to compare if $12/hour is a lot when trying to compare it to a rake structure. If you estimate each pot has a minimum of $40 in it, that will result in a $4 rake each pot times on average 25 hands/hour equals $100, divided by 10 players = $10/player/hour.

1/2 NL in Atlantic City is pretty fishy. I believe in Vegas with tourists, it can be more fishy, but that gets offset by those that "grind" 1/2 and 2/5. People new to live poker start at 1/2, so even if your an average player, making your $12 time back should be pretty reasonable.

In my opinion, win rate are hard to estimate. There is no clear formula one can use to accuratly estimate your win/hour.