View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Does Villian have odds to call with pockets??

[ QUOTE ]
What are you trying to learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to learn about the UTG play. Should he have called my raise with pocket 5's? In limit, no way! in NL? at first I was thinking no but now I'm thinking he had implied odds because of the other player in the hand.

If it was only two of us he stands to win a very little even IF he hits.

For fold equity - perhaps I'm using the term wrong - sorry.

What I was trying to say is that even if I do not hit my bet could fold people OR - if I hit and there are two other deep players in the hand the one that COULD beat me might fold because he does not want to tangle with the other deep player.

Also - at no time am I saying a deep stack will NOT win MORE then a short stack. A good deep player will crush bad or even average deep players but is at a disadvantage over short players.

Short players (when played correctly) will win on a very consistent basis, more limit like but with out the losses. Many small victories with a couple small losses.

My goal is to start small, get comfortable with NL and add to my stack as I become used to NL style play. AS my stack grows I add more hands to play.

I have found I have a "brain muscle memory" problem from 1 million limit hands (literally) and I go into limit mode and get in trouble. I'm being honest with myself.

Very good limit players (which I am) does not mean I'm a good NL player (which I'm not). It's like learning a second language and the first language keeps creeping in!