View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Rolled up, bad fold?

Sorry, there was still smoke coming out of my ears when I posted the hand. I believe that I threw a couple of cards (first time ever) and will be owing an apology or two next time I go back to that game.

The game was 20/40 OE mix, with a half kill to 30/60 when there is a scoop over $400. There is also a "small kill" -- when one wins a scoop over $300 action stays 20/40 but winner has to post $20.

FWIW, I am a novice at the "E" but fairly experienced at the "O." This is the only O8 action I can find on this level locally. I generally make enough from the O8 that I'm willing to give action back on the S8. I 've read a lot about "E" and post questionable hands when I'm not sure if I'm right.

The way the kill works is that the BI chips in for $5, and then you can either call $5 or fold until the kill, who is automatically in for his $30. Then after the kill you can call $30 or raise. This way the BI still pays, but the kill acts last and gets lots of information.

So in this hand, the kill completed (mandatory), the Ten bumped it, presumably to isolate -- I had seen her do this before -- and then I 3bet it.

At the time, I felt that if Villain had split 10s and made trips then I was way behind and needed to let go. After I let go, I was kicking myself for not seeing it through because of the possibility that Villain had (KK)T or (AA)T. But the way the action was going I could also see getting whipsawed while I drew to half.

They were both decent players. I have a few hours in with each of then. V1, who I thought made a sketchy play to isolate with the Ten on 3rd, usually has piles of chips in front of her.

I ran really badly last night, and I went memorably tilty for the first time that I can remember. So I couldn't tell whether my judgment was clouded. It was a unique hand -- I hadn't seen the situation before -- and I'm not sure whether I made a great lay or gave away pot equity.