View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: (razz) heads up when we have no reason to trust each others hand

I don't play 5/10 because I have this antiquated notion that if I can't beat 1/2 then I shouldn't play 5/10. Currently I'm at about -.5bb/100 at 1/2. Maybe breaking even since I've done pretty well for the last few days. But also I just don't have $3000 that I can put into poker at the moment. [Edit: I can't afford coaching but god if someone could look at like a random 100 hands and tell me wtf is wrong with me, that would be great.]

The more I think about it, the more I think I was right to check 6th. I don't think I want to fold 6th and I don't want to pay 3bb to see a showdown, this way at most I will pay 1bb to see a showdown, and if he checks to me on 7th I can bet.

I paused for a long time on 7th, trying to figure out what he thought I had, what he expected me to do, etc. I finally decided that he had a 6, and he had no idea what I had, but he didn't care, and he expected me to do.... whatever. I see very little awareness from other players of how dangerous it is to bet when their opponent might only call if they're beat, so I can't count on this to be either a bluff OR a value bet - he could be betting a hand that I have beat, but not bluffing, if you know what I mean.

In the end I called.