View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who Shannon Shorr is but I just read the bio on his blog and he seems like some random guy who went on a hot streak in tournaments and is now being pulled back into reality because he's realized he's not as good at poker as he originally thought. Big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a douche and thinks he's better than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shannon is an awesome dude and is completely laid back, chill and fun to hang out with. I don't know why you would say that about him, other then maybe you've never met him and just felt like making some random judgment on teh internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're not suprised. 2+2, NVG especially, has become a haven for people who get off lurking around responding Ban. or [ ] "Insert smart [censored] comment here" to just berate who ever they can.

Don't get me wrong, 2+2 is the most prestigious online poker forum for a reason, but the mods here need to do more to keep the flaming under control IMO, it is regressive to the status of these forums.

SS should be applauded for being so honest about his experiences with the life of a full-timer and whether some of you would like to admit it or not, many will take what he is saying to heart. If nothing else, SS may have just saved a few players from dropping out of college because the ran well in donkaments for a month and save them from turning their lives upside down, often in a way that is very much irreversible.