View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Getting songs off i-pod (Uploaded on mac, now using PC)

Last Christmas I received a 30-gig ipod video from my mom, and one of her co-workers who is apparently a big music buff uploaded ~5,000 songs/19 gigabytes worth of songs for me before I recieved it.

Unfortunately, he uploaded it using a Mac, and I use a PC, so everytime I plug it in i-tunes tells me I need to reformat it to use on my PC, to which I of course just click cancel and let my ipod charge the battery.

He has really good taste in music, so the fact that I can't add songs hasn't really bothered me to this point as the content already on my ipod has been more than enough to keep me entertained.

However, I am just now realizing how cool and practical things like "podcasts" are (i know i am a n00b), and now I want the ability to add and remove songs and other data types.

However, I don't want to lose the vast resources of (for the most part) really good music already stored in the ipod.

Without access to a Mac, is there anyway I can get all these songs off of it before reformatting? Any and all help is much appreciated.