View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: SSNL - December Goals ?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF

OK, when I moved to SSNL I decided I was going to stay at a certain level and put in a certain number of hands before moving up. After having a killer month at 1/2 HU in October I stuck with the plan, except that I found sitting fat and overrolled was boring me, and I wasn't putting in enough hands or playing well when I did. So I've started mixing in other stuff and taking shots at 20 buyins. I think you have to stay a little hungry, constantly challenge yourself, if you really want to get better. No reason to stay at a level you can beat soundly when you have enough to move up. And the thing is, even if your initial shots fail, they'll give you experience that will not only help you the next time around, but also make you better at your regular game.

Anyway, my goal for the month is 40k hands of cash. I didn't play enough in November, and I didn't play well the first half of the month. (And I wasted too much money on donkaments.) I'll be mostly playing 1/2 (I'm playing 6-max now as well as HU) and mix in some 2/4 when I'm ready and rolled, or if the game is especially good.

I'm trying not to have a specific monetary goal, but one keeps popping into my head. I do understand that it's just something to aim for, not a specific round number I should press to attain. If I play 40k hands and play well, the money will come.