View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM

Default How do you control your emotions?

Hi,

I have been playing poker for a couple of years, but last night I experienced a very emotional event. Over the past couple of months, I had built my bankroll from $50 into $1,250, but after an undeserved loss of $60 last night, I went on serious tilt and managed to throw away another $300, to reduce my bankroll to a pathetic $900.

Normally I play $10 SNGs, but this weekend I tried playing $11+$1 Turbos, and after having very short-term luck with that, I decided to try playing $22+$2 Turbos... To make a long story short, I played 2 rounds with 6 tourneys per round, and I lost 12 tournaments STRAIGHT!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

My question is: What can I do to help control my emotions? Other than reading books (I'm currently reading "The Poker Mindset"), what strategies do you guys use to keep up solid play? How do you handle bad beats? What can you do to avoid going on tilt?

While I hate to admit this, I am a very emotional poker player and react strongly to bad beats or undeserving losses. I just KNOW this is eating in to my potential earnings, but I've been struggling to fix it. Help would be greatly appreciated!