View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: SNG Article written by Jennifear

I think what bugs me the most about her articles is her constant need to show that she's pulling one over on multitablers. I also think she likely exaggerates the effect of an early double-up on equity. Projecting an early double-up into a commanding bubble situation is a stretch.

A while back I wasted an afternoon trying to quantify for myself what she's trying to do here, i.e., the value of an early double-up, and didn't see any real correlation between stack size and equity gain until you're at level 3 or 4.

The vast majority of early double-ups, for me at least, come from sets and big overpairs in raised-preflop pots. You don't have to be a LAG to take advantage of this.

She probably gets criticized too much, but she's kind of put herself out there by claiming to be the best in her games, despite never putting any significant volume over any length of time. I'd like to see her at least acknowledge that she's clearly no more than a recreational player that's had some moderate success. I can't imagine her coaching income matches what she could make from playing if she was as good as she believes.