View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: *** The Official New York Rangers 07/08 Stanly Cup Champs Thread *

Sunny,

I appreciate the interjection of stats and your contribution despite being a Devils fan, but as someone who follows this team every day of the year it's difficult to accept.

I am not talking about just goals. I am talking about points in general (none: comparable to his ice time and personnel surrounding him), the ability to create (none: all this guy does is chase the dump and maintain possession for about 5 seconds deep in the offensive zone), forecheck (non-existent). All he does is look for Jagr to bail him out. You'd expect him to rack up a bunch of assists on Jagr goals but he doesn't. Not even by accident. Not this year, not any year.

All this guy can do is kill a penalty and shootouts. You would think a guy with some shootout skills could dangle a little bit, but he cant. He is a goofy big body that eats minutes. Ortmeyer did the same thing and is long gone and not missed a bit.

Betts does all the things Hossa does but is better defensively and isn't out there with the goal scorers. Hossa being anywhere other than the 4th line or a healthy scratch is a complete joke.

and since it's fun being results oriented, from tonight...

Prucha draws 2 penalties, the 2nd of which nets the Rangers their 3rd goal...

Hossa on the otherhand breaks his stick on the doorstep with a juicy pass to him. Bad luck of course [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]