Thread: oop w/ ace hi
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: oop w/ ace hi

[ QUOTE ]

Bahhhh just posted a really long clear post explaining this , but something happened scrweing my mouse up which changed the page on me, deleting it all...

Summarizing:

Because we know what the rational/common play here for someone who is trying to maximize their value, and recognize that their stats are close to a player who plays this style (a little overagro though).

Most thinking players raise pairs or flush draws befor the river on this board, as well as fold hands like KJ or QJ. Since there are no draws on the board that would just call two bets, their range is heavily skewed towards showdown type hands. Since most pairs are raise and kings are folded, it leaves mostly ace high type hands.

However, many players will just call down with a pair on this board. Possibly call down and bet the river if checked to.

Marginal showdown hands will typically check behind (because it's correct), while hands that beat you will probabily bet.

Therefore, I dont think you are good 1 times in 8 when they bet.

I also explained for a couple paragraphs why in general I would rather not semi-bluff with a flush draw on this board, but I don't have the patience to type it out again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the summary was easily response enough so thanks for taking the trouble to type any of it a second time.