View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: couple wierd KK lines in Sunday Mil, + standard? AK hand

thanks for taking the time, the KK hands were from earlier in the event and I had been eliminated from the last 3 Sun Mils early by overplaying 1 pair hands after the flop each time. Probably irrational by me 2 times I 3 bet a overpair pre and would essentially pot commit myself on the flop only to be shown a set twice and AA the other time. I made a concious decision to small ball it this time in the earlier pre ante levels, without actually knowing how to implement the strategy.

I really felt I played the KK hands poorly preflop, save for hand 1 where I had hoped to trigger an all in after the flop with a lead bet, he had JJ so that worked out - but he won't always hit a safe flop to push on. Hand 4 as mentioned he had Aces and you guys thought I played it bad.

Hand 3 is pretty bad preflop I see that more clearly now - funny it's not as automatic as it seems in the heat of play. Hands 5/6 are the ones I was more concerned with, Lee had 77 in hand 5 so my read was dead on but I know that can be very player dependent play, and at best will be a coinflip vs. most other players. Villain in hand 6 had 33 and HHWG.

I think F.P.S. has invaded my game because I can't stop from making wacky plays