View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: The Dominic Parillo theory of dualism relating to stt\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Philosophers piss me the [censored] off. I'm just saying is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, and here I thought I never pissed you off at all.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest problem with them is there is absolutely no defense against idiot blow-hard philosophers other than a swift nut-kick. They drop their douche-bomb, which sounds something like this:

"blah blah blah jargon jargon fake-jargon, therefore, [conclusion I determined beforehand]. If you don't understand it, it's because you aren't as awesome at brain-stuff as me am. There's no way I could have failed to explain [some irrelevant point] without [mis]using a lot of jargon. See how awesomes my brains is?"

Then they run like hell if they see a real philosopher because they'll get their [censored] kicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I see, so I don't piss you off b/c I'm a real one, nice, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're a "real" philosopher or not, but you don't piss me off, so take that for what it's worth. Think about it this way. If an engineer sucks, his power plant melts down or his bridge collapses or his $125M space probe smashes into Mars at too many km/s. If a lawyer sucks, his client gets the chair or a rapist goes free. If an accountant sucks, his employer get reamed by the IRS. If a doctor sucks, people die unnecessarily. If a poker player sucks, he goes busto again and again. If a philosopher sucks, he pisses me off.