View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: 100NL- QQ vs L/R

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Problem is some villains wont fold KK to just a turn bet. You will need to follow up with a river bet and i'm not really sure that would be wise.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I think this is correct- in fact, I'm almost certain that checking behind on the turn and calling a small river bet is probably the best line.

I, OTOH, decided to get all fancy with the hand and bet the turn. I play poker bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also your logic throughout this hand doesnt seem to make much sense to me.

You call PF because you think a large part of his range isn't AA, KK. BUT then, on the turn, you want to bluff him off KK, one of the two hands you didnt give him much credit for in the first place!

[/ QUOTE ]Yup- like I said. I played it bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The reason for the twisted logic was I really didn't have any kind of range for villain I got so confused by the l/r. So I kept putting him on hands and then trying to play against that hand. This is dumb, but an easy trap to fall into. This just underscores how important it is to be able to assess villain's range and have a plan for your hand that exploits that range.

Since I really had no idea about villain's range and couldn't formulate a plan, I probably should have folded PF. I am glad I played the hand, though, because I think I'll have a better idea of how to proceed with similar hands in the future.

This post was an example of how NOT to play. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]