View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Live 6/12 Game, Junk from the BB

Hero holds 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the big blind, and sees a free flop against 5 opponents. Main villain is the button, who is actually pretty taggish and definitely a winning player in this game. Other players are pretty typical loose passive stations.

J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 SB)

SB, Hero, EP, MP and HJ all check, button bets.

Small blind calls. Hero glances left and spots no sign of a check/raise. Hero calls (???) as do 2 others.

At this point, we're five handed with 5.5 big bets in the pot. I have bottom pair and a back door draw to an 8 high flush.

J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] X [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.5 BB)

SB checks. What is hero's plan, and how does it depend on on the value of X (I'm sorry, I have actually forgotten what X was in this hand)? For simplicity, lets focus on the cases where X is an ace or a two.