View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: SNG Article written by Jennifear

Her conclusion is correct. Some of her reasoning is flawed you don't want good regs at your table because while you can accumulate chips versus them early, by stealing the blinds and stuff, they will prevent you from accumulating chips because they can call/shove wide were unknowns will miss tons of easy shoves and give you 200 free chips. Also regulars will adjust. Here is an example
Regular raises from the MP his range is JJ+ AK.
I three bet 72o he folds everything, but KK+. My three bet is very profitable, the next time it still might be profitable, by the third of fourth time he will adjust his range to you three bet and he will call/shove with JJ. The other problem is you have a small room for error.
Blinds 10/20 you are on the button with 76s you raise t60. BB calls. Flop is 85J villain checks, you bet 100 he calls. Turn is an Ace, villain checks, you bet 240 he shoves, you fold.
That hand is incredibly standard in cash, however in a sng you now have 1100 chips and next time it folds to you on the button with a 76s it is a lot tougher to raise profitably because if you lose a cbet or a pfr this time, you will be seriously risking your FE when the blinds go up. This example is slightly results oriented as I'm painting a bad situation, but just keep in mind you don't want to be risking chunks of your stack that will decrease your FE as blinds increase. The big problem is even playing so great in early and midlevels you could increase your ROI by from 8% to 13% a big increase. You would be better off just adding more tables and keeping the 8% ROI.