View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: 2007-08 North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball (San Antonio Here We C

You guys act like UCLA/Memphis don't have some major weaknesses.

Memphis's are pretty simple. They are not good inside scoring team. Their best post player, Dorsey, is mainly good for D only. He has been bad to pretty bad in a lot of big games against other big players namely Oden last year when he was terrible. They do have some really good wing players, but the 4 is also a weakness rather than a strength. Taggert, Dosier are both good players but they are both nothing special offensively. Defensively and from outside I think Memphis is a very good team. We also haven't seen if they can win big games on the road or neutral courts.

UCLA is a good team. They were exposed the last 2 years by Florida and exposed pretty handily in both NC games. Love has been really solid so far. And getting Collison back doesn't hurt at all. Defensively they are probally better. I haven't seen enough of their games this year and nobodies seen them with Collison much yet to know what they are capable of.

UNC I like their inside game and I think defensively they are pretty solid. My problem is other than Ellington who has been stellar this year, we don't have other good outside shooters. My other worry is what has happened to Tyler in the BYU/tOSU games in which he gets flustered and starts playing poorly or getting outmatched by other big men. I also worry about their 3 point D, they need to stay focused for 40 minutes. To win, UNC needs the big 3 to be healthy and for Thompson to step up. They also need solid contributions from the rest of the team including Green, Ginyard, etc.