View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Lay Down Second Set on the River? 25-50

I was playing 25-50 last night at the Venetian and had an interesting hand.

Table was 8 handed. Villain had about 20k or so and was fairly aggressive playing a lot of pots bluffing about half of them. He liked to call people's raises pre-flop for the chance to outplay them. So he could shove his cards in their face once they made a bad lay down. I saw him do this 3 times already and I've only been at the table for about an hour. Anyways on to the hand. I'm the small fry as usual sat down w/ about 8k and worked it up to about 13k at this point.

Hero gets J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP.

Pre-Flop: UTG limps folds to hero who makes it 300, Villain directly to my left calls, button calls, rest fold. 3 players

Flop: (1025) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets 900 Villain calls, button folds.

Turn: (2825) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Herco checks, Villain checks (I was intending to CR here since the likeliness of him betting here was very high.)

River: (2825) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets 1200 Villain raises to 5200. Hero?

And I know obviously bet the turn hard, but I was taking a chance here because of the type of player I was up against. There's only 15 bad river cards so I took my chance.