View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: quick turn decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"You don't have enough information to make an accurate decision."

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion no response is usually (not always) better than that one. There is often too much focus on what to do in the specific hand posted vs the specific opponents involved and not enough focus on the conceptual reasons for the answer and how the answer may or may not change for related situations or other opponent types. When I used to post hands, I would always intentionally make the reads vague because I wanted to discuss which line was best vs which opponents and why instead of just have everyone's opinion of that unique situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how strongly I disagree with this viewpoint you can see why I never post these days. I think the message boar discussion, as used, is generally a pretty weak tool. It's not hard to break most of the questions down mathematically yourself and all you have to do after that point is plug in your assumptions about the player's actions and see what's going to have the highest yield, so I obviously think poker is generally pretty judgment-intensive (unless you're playing 10 handed or something like that and there are really tight mathematical strictures on what cards your opponents can be playing).