View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

Yeah I hate to say it, but this Gaming Associates thing sounds like a white-wash attempt. I used to work for a statistical expert witness who would testify for the client at trials. Needless to say we never found any statistical evidence damning our client.

If AP were serious, they would hire a well known internet security auditor like we used to when I worked for a big corporation (I forget their name). They weren't there to rubber stamp anything, and the audit was really nerve-wracking. 95% of what they would be looking for isn't poker-specific, and they could bring in another expert for that stuff. This is like hiring Arthur Anderson in the later stages, when they were totally corrupt.

One good sign though is their mention of pressure from "business partners" and others. It shows they are at least taking this thing seriously.

I wonder if this auditor will even read these 2p2 threads or look at the HH that's started all this Scott Tom stuff. Or if they get a HH from AP with user 363 removed, who will they believe?