View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Not in today\'s issue

[ QUOTE ]
This sucks. I wonder how much they will hurt the industry. Hopefully, they are ineffective.

So, let me get this straight. The regulations will be proposed, and then there is a 100 day comment period, for the government to get input. During this time, the regs can be changed, if needed, and then be implemented?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the exact number of days the proposed rule or regulation has to stay up for comment but somewhere between 60 and 120 days.

The government HAS to respond to all realistic suggestions and there are a number of claims that it will HAVE to respond to completely to get past OMB again. The first time through with OMB is usually dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s type effort. Well unless the Administration has decided to try and publish what is in there minds the final rule, where they have spent the extra time on making pretty sure they can defeat most avenues of attack. In that case defeating the proposed rule is a bit harder.

There should be people "in the know" or who can be "in the know" pretty quickly to get a read on where the Administration is on this issue.

Given all the current issues involving UIGEA, states rights, trade, WTO, the EU, involving potentially many more industries than are currently up to sped on this issue we have really furtile ground to fight an asymertical battle rather than a brute force one, or even both.........

D$D