View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Weekend of October 12 games and last week\'s report

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to both for the info.

Like I said, I'm new, so I'm not sure I wouldn't act like a clueless retard just often enough to make the session a losing one. Plus money's a little tight, so unless I get better fast and get staked I probably won't make it up there til next year at the soonest. (Those low-level NLHE tables sound temping, though.)

With that said, a couple more questions (if you feel like answering).

When I do go there, what's the best time to arrive on Saturday?

According to their site the poker room is by the bingo hall, which has a snack bar with hot dogs etc. Is that worthwhile or should I hit the buffet instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you I would buy-in for the max at the NLHE table. The game plays pretty loose so having a few buy-ins is nice.
So if money is tight, I don't know if that is your game. I can't afford to play that high all the time myself, but I take shots every now and then (when I can afford it).

I don't normally go on Saturdays, I would imagine its busy all day though.

If you go, call 414-847-7605. It's the Poker room's number. You can put your name on the list for up to 2 hours before showing up.

If you're going to eat at the snack bar, go to the one that is a little farther away from the poker room past the bingo caller (the guy who reads the balls). It has a bigger selection of food. Burgers and stuff.

benny