View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Re: I\'m likely just a nit

I can't help but wonder how often on-duty officers get in non-call accidents (meaning they are just patrolling and not in a big chase or responding to an emergency somewhere).

I saw the remnants of an accident near my residence in Tennessee once and it appeared the officer had rear-ended some driver in front of him. No idea if he had his lights on or was travelling very fast of course but both cars appeared to have some significant damage and needed to be towed away.

i also can't help but wonder if the officers who sometimes just break regular traffic rules just because they can doesn't help contribute to such accidents.

Cops are human and are going to get in routine accidents too of course. They are over-worked and under-paid and they drive around A LOT so obviously they can't be perfect all the time and I understand that. But I think that along with the fact that they are the ones who are supposed to be setting the example in the first place are exactly why they shouldn't be able to break traffic-laws such as running stop-signs, etc.