View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: I\'m Gonna Bluff ~ Maybe? NL10

Just want to comment on PF for a second (Im sure you don't want to talk about it) but I'm trying to be more aggro too. If you know that the player is weak and will fold hands to big bets then I can see some sense in raising this hand. Raising gets us more money when our villain folds PF to the big bets. In fact it shouldn't really matter what two cards you hold if the player is like that. Just using some good old hand reading so making playing this player profitable. You can hammer him when you think hes weak and when he isn't you can lay off. So with that being said why did you decide to pick Q8o to raise PF with? I feel like with stats like the ones that he has we are going to want stronger hands PF to extract the most value from him. For example 78s+, J9s+, JQ+, and 55+. Don't get me wrong. I have a much wider raising range PF but agains this player I just don't think hands like Q8o will extract enough value from him postflop to make a PF raise profitable.

Anyways I think on the river I just fold. Your analysis seems spot on with what he is holding on the river. But the fact that you raised on the flop and he called makes me think he could be making a donk bet for value on the river with a set or something. In fact if I were you I might just call here. It cost .50 more and you might be able to get some information that can help you make a profitable move on the river against this villain in the future. But thats just me.