View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
Shannon should just take a break for 6 months or a year. Poker gets boring after a while especially if you aren't winning. Taking a break gets your mind off of the disgusting beats and other frustrations.

Honestly though, if I won $1,000,000+ after taxes, I would invest 90% of and live off the interest. That's $50,000+/year to live off of. But I'm just a huge nit without a million in the bank. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a smart man.

most will never understand what poker's true meaning is. its a game about yourself. who are you on the inside. most people think there is some big secret to unlock and even though i agree that there is a fair amount of knowledge to be learned, the bottom line is if you are weak mentally.

poker will always be profitable for the mentally strong. i cant tell you all how many ive seen come and go or blow up at the moment of truth. the pressure gets to people. no amount of knowing what to do with j9 suited is going to help if you are weak on the inside.

this thread has really pissed me off. i think shannon is a classic case of someone who was spoiled with early success and didnt really have a clue about the big picture..... now its a "stupid" game.

he's absolutely right though. it is a stupid game filled with negativity and ugliness. but if someone is going to start something, then finish it strong. quit when your on top. dont be a pussy and quit when the cruel bitch aint showin love. fight back or shut up and run back to college, your girlfriend or momma.