View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: LC - 2nl Trickery

Your flop raise is too small. Minraising is rarely a good move, and it definitely isn't here. If you are going to raise, raise it at least 3x, so in this case, I would raise flop to about 7 cents. Whether you should raise flop in the first place, is debatable. I do this here all day, but you really have to have a read on your opponent & be sure of your postflop skills.

On turn, once again, what is up with the minraise? I wouldn't raise this turn personally, because we don't have the best straight. He is showing a lot of aggression, donking into us 2 streets in a row, and while this is 2NL, I understand, I would still just call. He could have 96 here. But once you decide to raise, please do not minraise. Raise a real amount. I'd make it like 40 cents.

On river, I raise. You are missing a ton of value here, like you said, and I doubt he has T6.

Never listen to what monkeys type in chat. In fact, I have had my chat on for over a year before I started turning it completely off a few months ago, and I don't think I have ever gained anything useful from chat. If I were you, I would turn off player & observer chat & concentrate on improving your game.