View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Anti-depressants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Took paxil for 1 year and a half.

Even if I was suicidal at the time, if I could go back, I wouldn't use any anti-depressant.

If you can get over your depression without it, I suggest you do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

It affected my thinking and emotions in a weird way. I felt "artificially better", if you will. Combined with the side-effects like loss of libido, I was left wondering who I was and what I liked and where was I going in life.

Without it I felt depressed, but I least I was thinking clearly ; I understood the roots of my feelings.

Also once I started taking paxil, everyone went with the "clinical approach" with me. Like a schizophrenic who needs constant attention or something. It only made matters worse to have people literally spy on me and having to answer questions everyday.

I find it easier to get better when people don't EXPECT me to be clinically depressive.

EDIT: When people know you're depressed, their attitude towards you changes. And it sucks, because everytime you talk to them, it's like they're reminding you "hey, you're supposed to be suicidal!". I kept thinking "leave me alone dammit, I'm trying to get better!"

[/ QUOTE ]

if you take drugs for depression, your not going to figure out why you are depressed. you won't be able to sort it out at all. you just end up taking drugs until the problem goes away, and if the problem is caused by you, then there is no good solution, and you will end up taking drugs for a long time.