View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
If people want to do away with prescriptions altogether I see the "war on drugs" as basically a peripheral issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing away with prescription drugs would IMO mean a bring about a sea change in the way medicine was practiced in this country. If you eliminate the DEA, forfeiture of assets, etc., the things that the War on Drugs brought about that would IMO have far less impact on how medicine was practiced. True that in certain instances the War on Drugs does involve prescription drug usage but it seems to me that most of the time that's not the case it seems to me. Also many prescription drugs are not of interest to DEA and law enforcement types because there's little to no black market for them. So IMO the war on drugs is peripheral issue when we're talking about doing away with prescriptions, something that will completely change the medical industry in the U.S. IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
If people want to do away with prescriptions altogether I see the "war on drugs" as basically a peripheral issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

To which you responded:

[ QUOTE ]
If they're not related, then why was Paey's home raided by a paramilitary swat team used for drug enforcement?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made the point that stating something is a peripheral issue does not mean it's unrelated and explained why I believe the "War on Drugs" is peripheral to the issue of eliminating prescriptions altogether. In short I pointed out that you were wrong that I didn't claim the War on Drugs is unrelated and attempted to rectify your apparent confusion over what I meant in my statement. Gave it my best shot but apparently not good enough.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you actually asserting that you're ok with Paey going to jail but that a recreational user of heroin or a dealer of heroin should be descriminalized?

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to read/hear both sides on this. Depends on what the evidence was agains Paey. As far as decriminalization of herion usage, not in favor of that.