View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

[ QUOTE ]
LT22, I think this is absolutely spot on and rarely said.

The implication of what you are saying is quite profound - I lose a fortune trying to win non-s/d hands as I know postflop is so important and that just sitting there waiting for my value hands isn't "real poker". Of course, that's bloody retarded. I've come to realise in recent months that uNL is a special kind of poker game with it's own rules on how to beat it - and most of those rules are not found in Sklansky (unless Sklansky has suddenly become an expert on Italian TAGFish calling preflop 3b's with T7o).

Edit to add: Derosnec (I think it was him) posted recently that he got raised only 7 times that day. That says it all. If I folded each of those 7 times, my wr would probably double.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go through all the hands of my play since I moved up to NL50 3 weeks ago and sort out the hands where I have been raised and not folded.....I literally would guess there are like 15 buyins or so of spew

I will post a spreadsheet figure to show how much I've lost over the last couple weeks due to bad bluffs/thinking people are bluffing.

However, I do think it is possible to win for a pretty good clip in non showdown pots, you need to be doing it vs the right villains.